Sunday, October 10, 2004

An Inspiring Moment At The Office

Today I saw something which really inspired me. It was truly the 'chicken soul' moment of my career so far.

As usual, I was at my office. It was very stuffy and the AC was on. Or most probably it was not working. It was a hot and humid day. I was thinking of blogging about this.

Then I noticed my colleague, whom I've thought to be the most useless loser in the world, showing signs of life in his faraway cubicle.

But, the loser did something that was very profound and totally out of character: he got up from his seat, walked slowly across the window and proceeded to open up one of the windows. And the breeze started to blow in!

This really inspired all of us so much that all of us went and opened all the windows for the better part of the next one hour.

This gesture may appear simple but works on many levels. This seemingly simple act of just opening the windows, for those who think deeply, has many connotations and deeper layers.

It just tells you, "If you open the window to your heart then you can blow away the cobwebs of worries."

I am not on speaking terms with him, but, being broad minded, I want to pay him a tribute through this blog. I
request all of you to pay your tributes too and I will forward your messages to him.

Also, please share similar inspiring acts of your colleagues with the thousands of readers of this blog.
.

6 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Suderman said...

ha ha!
That's the spirit man!
Keep going! Dont stop blogging dude!
Just a matter of time before the traffic u deserve catches up with u... I'm adding a link to ur blog on my site!
Cheers!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one swell good guy Suderman!

Mebe

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one swell good guy Suderman!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger hari said...

That was great.Sometimes great lessons and morals are taught with the simplest of acts. Blessed are those who are able to understand the underlying lessons from those acts.

You are one of them and you have a great colleague too who is simple in greatness.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Irutta irukkunu pulambuvadhai vida oru mezhugu vathi ( Candle ) etri veipadhu mel. I think ur colleague had done that. u r great that u paid him a tribute.

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh..dont find you exciting at all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home